Centre 404 was set up by volunteers and family carers in 1951. We are lucky enough to still have lots of people helping us who want to give something back to their local community.
If you'd like to join them by volunteering at Centre 404 please download our Volunteer Joining Form. Once complete, please send it to email@example.com or Centre 404, 404 Camden Road, London, N7 0SJ.
If you need an accessible form, please click here.
Alternatively, contact us for more information.
We were awarded Investing in Volunteers in October 2013 which recognises excellence in volunteer management.
All volunteers need two references before they start volunteering and all direct support roles require a DBS check.
We're soon to release an annual survey to get feedback and insight from our volunteers. Our online surveys are powered by SmartSurvey.
Working with people Read more >>
Support a person or group of people with learning disabilities through companionship, activities, outings or helping them to live more independently
- Wheelchair Ice-skating volunteer: take wheelchair users out on to the ice! Wednesdays, 11 - 12pm at the Sobell Leisure Centre
- Group Buddy / Befriender: provide support and companionship for a group of people with learning disabilities, with the help of trained support workers. You might help out by leading a sporting activity, helping with a cooking group or playing an instrument. Minimum commitment: 6 months. Weekdays or weekends.
- Day Service Volunteer: help out at our day service for people with profound learning disabilities by providing support and helping with various activities, including music, art and cooking. Runs during weekdays from 10am - 3pm.
- Volunteer Driver and Escort: volunteers would help us by driving the bus for our clubs, picking up and dropping off our members, or, if you can't drive, support our volunteer escorts to help people from the bus to their front door. Weekday evenings - particularly Friday nights.
- Garden / social media Volunteer: for people with learning disabilities to take part in our garden project and vegetable growing project. Thursdays, 2 - 4pm.
- Travel buddy: getting out into the community alone is a big part of becoming more independent. Help a young person learn the route from Centre 404 to their home. Dependent on need, usually 6-7pm on a Monday, Wednesday or Thursday.
- Clubs volunteer: help out at one of our weekly clubs for children or adults. At the moment, we're particularly keen to find someone to help out at our Friday Night Socials and Young Adults groups.
- Peer Parent Supporter: provide support to parents of children with learning disabilities and autism by supporting them with form filling, befriending and listening. Weekly or Fortnightly
- Peer Befriender for older family carers: To offer emotional support to older family carers and and build up a relationship with them. Weekly or Fortnightly
Working in the office Read more >>
Help out by assisting our staff in the office with project-based work or admin:
- Admin/ Office Assistant: volunteers will assist and support with administration across all services. Please note these roles are limited.
Committee members Read more >>
We also look for people to sit on our committees at Centre 404.