Some comments from support workers attending the “Learn With Us” workshops
- Seeing the family carers in a much more rounded way – building real, meaningful relationships with those individuals and valuing them in themselves.
- Improve communication skills. Involve families more in their relatives’ lives. Don’t be judgemental. Be a good listener.
- Seeing the interactions between family, support worker and service user from different perspectives makes you consider more things in depth and helps you see the difficulties that they face.
- A recognition that support workers are pulled in so many directions by managers, family carers, professionals, relatives.
- I have expanded my knowledge about the relationship between family carers and support workers, and the issues that can easily arise. Good to see the point of view of both parents and support workers.
- The film has been useful in offering new perspectives and thinking in a more in depth way about the pressure of being a family carer. I think it will allow me to be more reflective when working with families and facing obstacles. It was very thought provoking.
- “Learn With Us” filled a gap in my training I didn’t know existed till today.
Contact us: Phone: 0207 607 8762