How can the film be used?
We have discovered that making an opportunity for interactive discussion and learning is of most value to the people viewing it. As an Information/Training Resource:
- On its own, documentary style.
- On its own, followed by discussion in a one or two hour slot.
- Showing selected clips to illustrate points or generate discussion.
- As a half day workshop using the Training Pack.
The Training Pack can be used in different ways for social care and health staff, and related professions:
- Part of a staff induction programme
- Embedded in an organisation’s learning matrix
- Part of a course for students of social work, occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, nursing, psychology and medicine
- Staff team training – multidisciplinary or single professional
- Awareness training for staff in related areas whose work brings them into contact with family carers of people with learning disabilities, e.g. Housing and Finance Departments.
For Family Carers:
- In family carer groups to stimulate thought and discussion.
- To show their friends and relatives as a way of increasing their understanding of the experience of looking after an adult child with a learning disability.
Contact us: Phone: 0207 607 8762